New Home Building Process
Luxury Custom Homes Builder and Fine Home Improvements, we design, build and improve several homes around Metro Atlanta. The majority of our work is done in a design/build arrangement, where both the design and construction of a project are under our management. We partner with many Architects to provide a wide range of styles of our home building and improvement clients. No floor plan, no problem! You can select from our available floor plans or one of our partners Architects will work together with you to develop your dream floor plan for your dream home.
Below are a few steps to expect when working together:
- After our first phone or email communication about the project, we will schedule an appointment to meet with you either at our office, at your home or your lot whatever location will suit your project to discuss your needs, ideas and have a look at available floor plan or lot where is the case.
- Complete a new home questionnaire outlining your needs, design priorities and wishes.
- Drive by homes we’ve previously built. View our projects online for design ideas and get familiar with our work.
- Alex Custom Homes can help you locate the ideal site for your new home lot in your desired location. We are HOME BUILDERS and REALTORS! We are very familiar with good neighborhoods around metro Atlanta and often carry a small inventory of lots for custom build packages. For those who are considering the purchase of a lot/tear down we provide valuable site analysis to determine whether the property can accommodate your dream home.
- Alex Custom Homes can be invaluable assistance in selecting the right lot for your dream home. You can save literally thousands of dollars by asking us to estimate the cost of the site preparation before you purchase and allow us to review the restrictions outlined in the Design Review Guidelines that go with the subdivision which you are interested. We can identify if you will have enough space for the pool, outdoor living room, tennis court or any other amenity you have in mind.
- We will support you during the purchasing of the lot and make sure you will not miss any important inspections or tests during the due diligence period.
- If you are working already with a Relator to find the lot but you need builder support to decide if the lot is the perfect one for your project, we offer lot consultation for a small fee. If you decide to build your home with us the consultation fee will be refundable.
- Alex Custom Homes will build on your lot if you already own one.
- Once the lot has been identified we will start designing the house plan.
- Develop your project ideas with Alex Custom Homes team members.
- Meet at your site with our construction staff to analyze the site.
- Discuss the building envelope, topographical elevations, and footprint.
- Identify general parameters including price range, home style, square footage and placement.
- Discuss the project financing and budget. Some clients prefer to finance the entire project with cash. When cash is not available for the entire project, Alex Custom Homes collaborate with few banks which are able to finance the construction of the building and also the permanent loan as one closing.
- Choose from a wide selection of Alex Custom Homes stock floor plans or we build your own floor plan.
- Alex Custom Homes offer plans for every budget and styles:
- Mansions & Luxury Floor Plans Collection from 5,500+ SQ. ft.;
- High-end Homes Floor Plans Collection from 3,500 to 5,500 SQ. ft.;
- Semi-custom Homes Floor Plans Collection from 2,900 to 3,500 SQ. ft.;
- Modern and Contemporary Floor Plans Collection.
- Once Alex Custom Homes and the client have agreed on a preliminary design / floor plan and selections, Alex Custom Homes will present and a rough /ball-park estimate to the client. If both parties agree to the initial terms and conditions a design contract is presented.
- The Design Agreement represents a commitment by both parties to proceed to the design phase where the project specifications and design will be developed and finalized. At this point, a non-refundable deposit is made, an architect is engaged, and the project is added to our schedule.
- You were unable to find the right floor plan in our floor plan collection or you don't have your own floor plan available, that's no problem! Our Architects partner will be working with you to design the perfect floor plan for your dream home. Work with your own architect or our design team. Our construction process is the same under both structures. With every project, every home our goal is the same- to help you create your dream home, to do work that we’re proud of it and to have coming back clients if they were to do it all over again.
- Discuss home amenities features and exterior / interior specifications.
- Our design/build team will collaborate with you to create a home that meets your needs functionally, aesthetically and economically.
- Concept drawings will be presented, revisions will be made, design details are specified, material selection begin and subcontractors are brought into the process to submit bids. At the end of this process, we are able to monitor how the decisions being made are impacting the overall cost of the project and make adjustments accordingly if is required. This phase will conclude to a final design, scope of work and price.
- Finalize specifications and selections. Some items will not be selected at this stage, for this reason, we will build into our agreement allowances.
- Review completed architectural and engineering drawings.
- Secure financing for the project.
- Establish construction dates: start and expected completion.
- Sign New Home Construction Agreement.
- Construction will commence following the receipt of approval of all the necessary building permits. Depending on the nature of the project, construction period can last from 7 months to over a year.
- Experience the building process with site visits. You can view your future home during the foundation, framing, look-up and pre-finish stages. Regular site meetings will help to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Since it is an under-construction building site visits required appointments with one of Alex Custom Homes members.
- Alex Custom Home will keep you constantly informed of everything you need to know: project schedule, change orders, upcoming decision and finances.
- Construction progress photos of your project can be viewed online.
Congratulations! Your new home is ready to move in!
- Final walk-thru will be conducted to make sure that everything is the way you imagined.
- A Certificate of Occupancy has been issued by the county authorities.
- Is the perfect time to learn from our team how everything works and how to take care for it. Please, ask questions! We will be happy to answer.
- At the end of the walk-thru, you will receive all the project details and photo in a digital format.
If you are considering building a new home, please Contact Us today!