Our Design/Build Advantage
Selecting the Right Homebuilder
Custom homebuilder, Alex Custom Homes, understands the importance of selecting the right builder for your new home - a homebuilder who listens and shares your vision; a homebuilder who is totally committed to the delivery of your new dream home, and has been building custom new homes in communities across Atlanta, Georgia.
Five Advantages for using a Design-Build Company like Alex Custom Homes over the design-bid-build method.
- Single Source Of Accountability – The design-build approach provides a single source for your entire project. The design-build method fosters teamwork as the architect / designer, engineer, and contractor work together developing the project. The relationship built during the design phase helps to ensure that the stage is set for a successful construction project. However, in the classic design-bid-build method the owner must; select an architect / designer, finalize the design, bid the project, select a contractor, and then act as an intermediary.
- Budget Management – Discussing budget parameters during the design phase helps to keep the project within a realistic budget. Communicating the cost implications of design decisions ensures that the owner plays a key role in arriving at the final project price. Once the scope of work has been finalized, the project costs are clearly defined, and controlled by the design-build firm. The owner is not overwhelmed by reviewing several detailed contracts trying to compare pricing or looking for incomplete bid information.
- Enhanced Communication – Specific design and construction details are being developed throughout the entire process and the focus stays on owner “value”. The communication benefits of working with a construction expert and design professional at the same time ensures that potential problems are discovered before the project starts.
- Faster Project Completion – Design-build projects can be completed in a shorter amount of time because: bid time is reduced, scheduling for the project can begin before design is finalized, potential construction problems are uncovered early, and enhanced communication keeps everything moving.
- Quality Control – The design-build method helps to remove ambiguity that may arise in material and construction specifications. Since the designer, contractor, and engineer work together, the focus remains on protecting the client’s interest.
Because of its inherent flexibility, design-build lends itself well to construction projects. By combining design and construction experience onto one team, the home owner realizes the benefits of "one stop shopping" at its best.